If some websites cause issues when loading or don't show updated contents, it's possible that it's because of the cache. Get to know, how to delete the cache in the browser Mozilla Firefox.
1. Fast delete with the keyboard shortcut
For deleting the browser cache with a shortcut in Firefox please follow these steps:
- Press following keys at once: [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. A Popup opens with the title "Clear recent history".
- In the dropdown menu, you can define the time range you want to delete the cache. You have the following options: last hour, last two hours, last four hours, today or all.
- To delete all data, select "All" from the dropdown-menu...
- Afterwards, click on the arrow next to "Details" and toggle the different possibilities to chose which data should be deleted. If you want to delete only the cache, then only mark the checkbox next to "Cache".
- With a click on the button "clear now" you delete the cache.
- Reload the site afterwards
2. Delete the cache with the window option in Firefox
Alternatively you can also clear the cache also through the window-menu. Please follow these steps:
- Press the key "Alt" on your keyboard. The window menu from firefox opens.
- In the menu, "chronic" select "delete lastest chronic"
- Now the Popup-Window opens like described in the instructions above.
- Follow the steps above from the second step.
How to clear the cache in Opera
To delete the cache from the Opera browser, you can follow one of the following instructions.
1. Delete the cache: The fast way with a shortcut.
Similar to other browsers you can delete the cache with a keyboard-shortcut. The following instruction shows how to do it step by step.
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard. A new window opens, where you can setup the options to delete the cache.
- Select the period "since installation", to empty the whole browser cache.
- Check the Option "Images and Files in Cache".
- Confirm your settings, by clicking the button "delete browser data".
- Refresh the page.
2. Access the browser cache options through the menu
- In the title bar of the browser window click on the "Opera" or on the "Menu" button.
- In the following menu "Settings" chose the item "Data and Security".
- Below the Headline "Privacy" you'll find the button "Delete Browser data".
- After clicking that button a new window opens.
- Select the time period "since Installation" to delete the whole browser cache.
- Enable the checkbox next to "Images and Files in Cache".
- Confirm your settings with the Button "Delete Browserdata".
- Reload the website.