General Dynamic Report Types
KMx Dynamic Reports has numerous templates designed for both general reporting and advanced report development. The general report types are as follows:
- Certification Assignment Template - Used to assign personnel to a certification based on Member Data and/or Enrollment history information.
- Enrollment Data - Used to generate reports for specific courses, classes or other enrollment centered events.
- Member Data – Used to generate reports based primarily on member demographics information or other member based attributes.
- Personnel Category Data - Used to generate requirement and assignment completion detail reports based on personnel classifications.
- SCORM Data - Used to generate reports containing the actual SCORM Run-Time Environment Variable values generated by the execution of an eLearning program of instruction.
How to Create and Edit a Dynamic Report
- From the Setup menu use the Site Configuration dropdown to select Insert New Dynamic Report:
- From the dropdown, Select the type of report you want to create, then click Next:
- Insert a report title. Set Display Filter Options to Yes and allow the screen to auto-refresh. A new report defaults to 5 columns so if you want more, set Display Wide Report Options to Yes and allow the screen to auto-refresh.
- There are two ways to add data to your report. The first is by choosing the Table in which the information resides for your column and then the desired field. Selecting the table will cause the screen to auto-refresh.
- Next, select the Field and type in your Column Title.
- Alternatively, you can use the feature at the top of the report page to get a searchable list of fields that are available for your selected report type:
- Use the filter on the field column to locate the desired data for the report and then use the select column to assign it to a column on the report:
- Do this for as many columns as you need on your report.
- When you are ready to view your report, click Refresh, then Preview Report.
NOTE: Any time you make a change to a report, you must Preview it in order to save what you have done.
Once you have your columns selected, you can apply up to 5 filters. Filters are configured similarly to columns. Use the table and field information from the selected columns to define the filters. First choose the table, then choose the field. Additionally, choose the Operator that configures your filter. We suggest setting a filter so that only learner level profiles appear on your reports, as shown below.
Some commonly used filters are below:
Set Display Sorting Options and the screen will auto-refresh.
Select up to five fields relating to your columns to order your reports. Click Refresh, then Preview to save.